Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tribute to my brother


Today is the day I am choosing to write a little bit as a remembrance of my brother, Timothy Mitchell Leira, who suddenly passed over to the arms of Jesus on April 18, 2010 at age 55.

As my thought process unfolds I trust God will continue the healing and give the comfort He promised in Luke 9:11 and Psalms 86:17.

I want to say a grateful "thank you" to all who came to the memorial service, either for me or Linda. It meant alot to me. 2nd Corinthians 7:6 says "Nevertheless God, that comforts those that are cast down, comforts us by the coming of Titus." God sent comfort via family and friends, cards and calls.

~ Fishing with Pappa and Mamma on Honeymoon Island. Hot hazy days but together doing a family outing.

~ On hot summer nights Tim and I would lay in the street, gaze at the stars overhead, and now, thankful that the street, back then was never busy! I don't remember any conversations on those nights, but probably wasn't any!

~ Forts built in the 7 acre woods we lived on, always trying to tag along when big brother visited with his friends.....

~ Tim prayed with me the salvation prayer so long ago. I am glad that "he cared enough to give the very best". Christ.

~ Music. It was a big part in his life. He had a rock band for alot of years. He played the guitar most excellently and could sing. He passed down these gifts to his daughter Stephanie.

~ He love the water. To fish with his family. Honeymoon Island is where they always visited to fish or relax.

One day we will meet again, that is a promise!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Susan, I am so sorry to hear this about your brother. Memories are so good to have :) I will be praying for you during this hard time. Love you Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful post to honor your brother, Sue. All the sweet memories that nothing will ever take away. What a great thing to look forward to - seeing all our loved ones again one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, what a great memory of your brother. YOur courage the day of the memorial was one of much honor! Death is one of the saddest things to me...to loose someone so dear to your heart. I know that God will give you the strength you and his family will need to push on these next few months without him. Time doesn't heal everything, but it truely does heal alot. I will so keep all of you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete