Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Munich Germany June 2011

Munich is the gateway to the Bavarian Alps and is the 3rd largest city in Germany. It has many parks and greenways, old world architecture. We were treated to lunch by Yochen on the Danube River. I think there was a song....or waltz....we dined al fresco. Wild alaskan salmon and lemon noodles.



Room with a view in Munich.
Town hall in Marienplatz.
The Hofbrauhaus hold about 1,000 patrons.

Talk about super-sized!
Doors!
The city has so many parks and greenway areas, I know we only saw maybe a third of them. We need to go back!






We went back into the city center called Marienplatz. Ate lunch and walked everywhere.
Can you believe it! They have invaded Germany! The sad face: 50% more cost than at home.




This was our favorite "hang out" street cafe. Good coffee too!
This angel had his hands full!Did you guess I love old doors??
Jump in!

Today we went to an "old world" museum which displayed many old paintings. This day is cost only 1 Euro! As much as I love old paintings, did I say- many? After setting the alarm off, then a few hours later a coffee break was needed!

Does this baby and mom look guilty? Or suspicious? After a few hours in the museum, I was ready to escape!

Lookin' good with water spouting from my head! Love it honey!
There was much graffitti in the city. This one was very good! They kept it up.

Our last day was in a small town called Schwaig. It had the most awesome authentic Italian restaurant. We ate Bacon/onion pasta. It was delicious!




Well, I won't apologize for making long picture blogs, but I want to make sure I remember all the good times and places that we have been. Who knows when we or I will be back! I hope you have gone away with me to out of the way places and enjoyed every minute! I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment